Deals, pools and amenities that go beyond the basics top searches from travelers.
If you’re a travel marketing specialist, you’ll be interested in the findings of the latest Orbitz Insider Index that tracks consumer behavior.
According the Index, the top three most searched for amenities were:
1. Promotional offers and discounts
- When it comes to searching for a hotel, people are still looking to get more for less.
- Orbitz visitors searched most frequently for free parking and artiport shuttle service.
2. A great swimming pool
- This is an obvious one for families. We all know that nothing gets kids more excited on vacation that a great pool.
- But the latest Orbitz research also found that when traveling to destinations like Vegas or Miami, it’s the pool scene more than the swimming that excites people.
3. Extras that don’t cost extra
Consumers who book on discount sites like Orbitz are looking for amenities that go beyond the basics, including:
- Wireless internet
- Babysitting services
- pet-friendly accommodations
Orbitz predicts 3 top travel trends for this year.
The index also predicted the following travel trends in the coming year:
1.Increased booking with mobile devices
They cite the rapid increase in cell phone use as the top reason for this.
2. A comeback of vacation packages
- Orbitz is predicting an increase in travel prices due to increased fuel costs and the decrease in airline seat availability.
- Orbitz predicts that booking airfare and hotel together will be one way travelers will try to make up for those increases in 2011.
3. London and Australia will gain in popularity.
- Orbitz is predicting a surge in travel to London in April due to the Royal wedding.
- Increased media attention, decreased airfares and a new marketing campaign will push more people to Australia.
What amenities are your guests requesting this year? Have you seen any changes from last year? Tell us about your experience.