Before we show it to you, here are a few statistics on social media Simpliflying didn’t want you to miss:
- Travel marketers surveyed revealed that using social media reduced PR costs by at least 24%.
- Most companies in the travel industry are spending over 25% of their marketing budget on social media.
- 61% of companies surveyed will spend more money on social media efforts over the next quarter.
- Interestingly, social media is being seen as a viable way to drive customer loyalty given that almost82% of frequent flyers use Facebook and place the most importance on great customer service.
- Airlines are increasingly taking to performing customer service on social media as almost 86% of tweets to airlines are about customer service issues.
- There’s an increasing investment in social media platforms to engage customers. About 191 airlinesnow have Twitter accounts and tweets sent out by airlines increased by over 51% from March 2011 to July 2011.