Caffeine’s lightening fast indexing speeds will create new opportunities for travel and leisure marketers who are quick to react and willing to experiment.
Click Z published a fascinating article by Gary Stein recently on the profound effects Caffeine’s faster, fresher indexing will have on online marketing.
That was then. This is now:
- For the last decade, Google has used the 80/20 rule to indexing. Since 80% of the content on websites stayed the same, their crawlers focused on indexing the other 20% of the content that changed.
- The web today is about sharing real-time experiences, which requires indexing more content more regularly.
- To keep up, Google has updated its indexing technology to collapse the time between when a website updates its content and when it’s viewed.
3 ways Google Caffeine will change the way you do leisure marketing online:
1. Updating your content will become more important than ever.
Google’s spiders are more attracted to new content than ever before. So updating must be a part of your online marketing strategy.
And the easiest way to for a leisure brand to do this is through social media. Just make sure your content is still relevant to your site’s core topic.
2. Experimentation and exploration will become the norm.
Because Caffeine indexes with lightening speed, you will be able to experiment with new ideas and see the results quickly.
Then adjust your strategy based on your findings.
3. Keeping an eye on your competitors will become a much higher priority.
A shift in the index is going to cause a change in your rankings. And constantly shifting content will cause your rankings to change with greater speed.
So pay close attention to where you are relative to your competitors. And when the rankings start to shift, see what changed in your content and your competitors’. And react accordingly.